Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

All is quiet tonight

Yesterday was the game, and we played until 9 and then collectively adjourned to the television to watch the last instalment of the second season of 'Sherlock' on Masterpiece Theatre, which was quite good and very enjoyable. I got home a little after 10:30, and went on to bed.

It was a fairly typical Monday at work. I started reading a book at lunch because everyone else I usually eat with was outside eating--I'm really just not happy eating outside, and that's okay, because it was nice to actually be reading on my Kindle for a change. The poor thing had no charge in it the other day when I went to read, so I charged it up Sunday night and downloaded a book from the Amazon lending library (I'm trying out Amazon Prime for a month to see if it's worth getting. That's probably a no, but it was nice to get an order that I placed Friday night today.)

I decided Friday that it was time I got an overnight bag I could take on the flights to Chicago. I found a set of two bags for less than $40. They are sturdy, full of room, in regulation for carry-on bags, and of course, purple. Since I was rolling it home (and luckily got a ride), I cleaned out my desk and a bin that had bizarre things like Christmas lights I'd brought from home, a pair of socks, a puzzle horse, a clown nose, a tiny cat mug, etc. The trip to Chicago isn't until this fall sometime, but I'm going to visit my family at the end of this month, so I'll try it out then. I think my CPAP machine will fit in the smaller bag.

I'm afraid I've gone through my normal channels for news to put here and it was just a slow day for that. I think tomorrow I'm going to take a bigger pot to put my large shamrock (oxalis) plant into. The smaller oxalis at work is blooming, and I have buds on my violet at work that are just beginning to come out. The sister plant is at home, blooming tremendously.

I guess that's it for now. It's been a quiet night. I watched 'Avatar: the Last Airbender' (The Boy in the Iceberg) earlier and would have watched 'The Legend of Korra' (Welcome to Republic City), but I couldn't get the video from nick.com to play in any of the three browsers on my computer. :( It might be a temporary glitch. I'll see if it plays on a friend's and maybe we can watch it together. Otherwise I've been catching up on my rest. I think I'll unpack that bag and head on to bed. Good night.

No comments: