Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 14, 2012

Feeling a little groggy

because I succumbed to a nap on a suddenly sunny afternoon after eating but forgot to take my insulin. Not a good thing. That was four hours ago. There were workmen outside my living room window so I went into the bedroom and within a few minutes I was just gone. It was thirst more than anything else, that woke me up, a clear indication that my blood sugar is up. So for what it's worth, I did go ahead and take some. I definitely need to get back on track.

Still, today was incredibly productive. It went by so fast! I got most of a week's work finished with the referrals, giving me hope that I can actually get ahead to where I need to be. Today was the largest clinic day of the week as well, so I'm hoping to catch up on filing and statistics when it comes to my data entry sheets. As far as the library goes, I need to order some books, fill the clinic cart (we give out books to children 6 months-5 years old as part of an early literacy project), and do some cataloguing. So I have a busy week ahead.

I wore the skirt today and got many nice compliments. I must remember to tell my friends how much of a hit it was. It was a very colourful counterpoint to a rainy day.

I have been looking in vain form my comfy earphones all weekend. I thought I may have left them on my desk at work, but no. I even looked in my lunch bag. But just now I looked once again in my last purse and there they were, in a pocket I'd checked four times before, scrunched way down deep. Oh, well, at least I found them. They are now tucked into their normal place in my book bag.

Okay, I think I'm going to close the windows, take my nightly meds, and head back to bed for good this time. Have a good night.

No comments: