Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I think I'm going to like this new schedule

So I worked my first full day from 10:30 am-7 pm today. [I came close on Thursday and Friday, when I left at 6:15.] Then I waited a half hour for the bus. [It only runs hourly at that time.] I stopped by the store I work and Brandon took me home when he left. Now I'm going to eat some Morningstar Farm's sweet and sour soy chicken. :) The first time I had it the soy chicken was a little mushy. I suspect it would do better in the oven; I cooked it in the microwave.

Okay, what did I do today?

I was trying to figure out a way to eat something at work without over-drafting my account, as I only had a little over $4 in it [I'd just paid my rent this weekend], not enough to get out of the ATM at work (which miraculously does $5 bills, when it's full, anyway). I checked and my Papa John's account had enough points for a free pizza. I still had to pay tax, delivery charge, and tip, but I got a large three-topping pizza and had 28 cents left in the account. Fortunately I get paid tonight, albeit for two days last week, for a total of 15 1/2 hours. Next week I'll only get paid for 5 hours because of going to the 4th of July festival, but I'll get paid at the hospital, so I'll be able to pay bills. The next cheque after that will be my first full one at the hospital, just in time for rent but hopefully allow for something fun, too. I hope so anyway.

Today I catalogued 14 books and cleared out the things under my desk that need to go in my limited, but proper, storage. I figured if I were going to spend four hours typing in numbers, I'd better make a nice workspace. I rearranged my desk and storage place to comply with HIPAA regulations, since the forms I type from contain protected health information that needs to be stored securely. I also ran down some people with the authority to make decisions about forms about which I had questions. I learned to use the verification process for assuring that I put in the correct information. Accuracy is very important. As it was, though, I managed to put in everything I'd gotten today. The time worked out well.

Tomorrow I have plans for more cataloguing (I'm trying to get the family resource books out from behind my chair), to do some inter-library lending (I had a loan request come up after I'd started the data entry job), and get those boxes into storage. I also need to shelve the new journals and do a bit of shelving of older materials. Plus there's a cooperative reference encyclopaedia where the deadline is fast approaching for contributions. Then there's the data entry to work on.

Okay, I rented Lovely Bones Saturday, still haven't watched it, and need to before I take it back to the library and pay my fees. But I'll try to write a little later. I need to work some more on the game notes, too. And clean. But not all tonight. :)

No comments: