Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 26, 2010

I just spent the points that I had connected to my debit card

for a $25 Amazon.com gift card. Yay! I'm pretty sure it can be used on Kindle books, there's just another step since most items for the Kindle are bought through the 1-click method. So far, a week after the Kindle arrived, I have 40 books on it, all but a few free, and the combined total of the others were about the same as a hardback book. Elizabeth Peter's A River in the Sky (which was excellent; I've already finished that one) was the most expensive at $12.99. Then there was a $6 collection of HP Lovecraft stories and poems, a $4 collection of Edgar Allan Poe stories and poems, a $4 Latin grammar, and a $4 collection of all 15 Wizard of Oz books, which I've never read. Everything else has been public domain books such as the Iliad, the Odyssey, Plato, Aristotle, Marcus Aurelius, several works by Wallis Budge, and then horror and fantasy such as Mary Shelley, Bram Stoker, HG Wells, and Jules Verne. So it's pretty varied. Plus I've been able to put PDFs, including the game notes on it, and I have two Loreena McKennitt albums to listen to whilst I read. I'm enjoying it.

I got up just a bit early, enough that I'm ready for work and can do a little writing, but I didn't get up early enough to work on a project I need to finish that is woefully overdue. I'll try to get that done later today.

I am triple-booked for Thursday, it occurred to me. I have a doctor's appointment which I need to move because it's during the evening data entry job (I didn't have it when I made the appointment). An old friend is playing an Irish music concert down at Mia's (although that would mean another foray into the sidewalkless downtown) that night about 8. And without thinking, I told a friend I could come over then. That may need to be moved to Wednesday or Friday.

Otherwise I have to get the project done, and there's notes to do, and my house really needs to be cleaned up. So I have plenty to keep me busy this week outside of work.

No comments: