Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What I've been up to

    Over the last three days I:
  • Worked five hours on the notes Saturday night to get them finished in time for the game.
  • Found out Sunday that there would be no game, because B's sheep got out and she had to mend fences, and M had some sort of family thing going on.
  • Did do my normal Sunday chores and then read a couple of chapters of Lumley's Vamphiri! before heading back home before the buses stopped running.
  • Got up early today to go to the pharmacy and get as many of my meds as possible before the flexible spending card goes on it's three-week blackout. Only really important one I couldn't get was Lamictal (too soon to refill), which is at least generic now, although I think it's in Tier 2, meaning a $25 co-pay. But I saved nearly $100 by getting what I could today. And at least I can get reimbursed for that $25 when it comes time to get it).
  • Was very happy that National City would cash a FSA reimbursement cheque for $10 even though I had 24 cents in the bank. Yay, I can eat the breakfast-for-lunch menu at the cafeteria tomorrow.
  • Ate very little early in the day (pre-$10) but had pizza for a meeting at the store, which I then continued with later for dinner, since it got left. Pizza Hut cheese pan pizza is pretty greasy, but it was good, and I'd been craving pizza.
  • Accepted an invitation to be friends on Facebook from Bill, then superpoked him with congrats for the birth of his daughter. Read a funny exchage between him and his ex-wife regarding speed bumps, babies, and cat bells.
  • Figured out how to tweet from Facebook. Now up to three friends. Always open to connecting to more. I thought MLA's group would be on my profile, but it's not. Maybe I never made it all the way into it. Hmmm...
  • Got a unidentified phone call that is most likely from Insight. Fortunately I can pay my bill Wednesday. Let's hope they don't restrict the service before then.


Tomorrow I'll go into work (hospital) early so I can leave early to make it back over by St Joe's East and walk over to Bluegrass Orthopaedics for my doctor's appointment. It's about couple of blocks' worth of walking--not too bad. Then it's over to YKWIA's to read more Lumley.

I keep putting off my laundry. I could have done some during notes tonight but just didn't feel up to it. I'm all achy from work. Tomorrow night I really do need to do some, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Donna Taylor and i would like to show you my personal experience with Lamictal.

I am 30 years old. Have been on Lamictal for 12 days now. I've taken 50mg for 12 days. I don't really notice anything different. I'm apprehensive about this medicine because I'm depressed, lethargic, have no energy and my Dr. would not prescribe antidepressants for me. : ( So I'm hoping that this will help with depression first.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
itchy arm pits, mild skin discoloration on my fore arm (not sure if either of these are from the medicine)

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Donna Taylor