Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I think they used every gay icon in this one

(Liberal use of 'f' word, so don't play if you have trouble with that. It's actually part of the song's name for that matter. The music is from Jerry Springer: the Opera. In the musical, the singer has a dream of being a stripper/pole dancer. But the gay spin really improves it, I think.)



Favourite lyric: 'I want to do some living because I've done enough dying.'

Thanks to YKWIA for this one, too. I'd like to see the musical. It's been quite labelled blasphemous. It's British, and it was protested throughout Britain by religious organisations. (Read the Wikipedia link, you'll understand.) I don't know how well the religious symbolism will go over here in the States, or for that matter, tap-dancing Ku Klux Klan members [again, if profanity, burning crosses, and the KKK bother you--even if the KKK's being made fun of--don't watch]:

No comments: