Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 13, 2008

What a wonderful day

--much better than yesterday. First, I got all of the things I do before the game to get the house ready for guests finished before the appointed time. My blood sugar was great today, and I went easy on the chocolate, just having a little. I brought whole-grain Goldfish crackers that are baked, have real cheddar and no artificial preservatives, and have a serving size of 55 (I get full on about 30 at a time). I also ate veggies and Tostitos--but everything in moderation compared to normal Sunday grazefests.

The game was mostly trying to figure out how to kill about 50 rat-snake-spider things that are venomous, fast, and the size of a Pekinese to make sure the goo that is assimilating people and animals in Arkham will not take over the world. Meanwhile the folks headed to Antarctica nearly got smashed against the ice pack by a killer storm and found a ship embedded in an iceberg. Creepy. We finished early because Brenda is down to one car (brake trouble in the other) and had to go pick family members up. So I got my two hours of notes in and I'm home early, too. I'm going back out for a bit at 10:30 but I don't anticipate being late getting home tonight. Yay.

I generally feel pretty well today on all fronts. I was a little fuzzy this morning but finally woke up properly. The only trouble with having the new mattress is that I'm reluctant to get out of bed because it's just so damn comfy. :)

PS D's coming back to work tomorrow after being off for several weeks after surgery. Yay!

No comments: