Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Listening to...

women burning down houses. No, really.

I was listening to Shawn Colvin's 'Sunny Came Home' on the way home tonight. It's a great song. But I truly love Martina McBride's 'Independence Day'. It really captures the emotions involved. (Both of the official videos have embedding disabled by request, so there's just superficial links to them, sorry).

I wasn't going to blog tonight. I was going to go straight to bed. Not a lot happened today, although I finished Jim Butcher's Fool Moon and watched two movies I enjoyed--The Brothers Grimm and Nancy Drew. I didn't know the former was a Terry Gilliam film until afterwards, but it so made sense. :) They were both fun--although it's a little weird watching Heath Ledger, who has only recently died, immortalised in film. The Wikipedia article on Gilliam's film has a nice listing of the various fairy tales and legends that were incorporated into the film--although they missed the 'Snow Queen' reference of the spike driven into the heart that YKWIA immediately recognised. And the caretaker in Nancy Drew really was creepy, and I couldn't place him, but he was Coach Schneider of Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge, so that may be it. Okay, enough trivia--I'm going to go to bed now. Good night.

No comments: