Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Okay, so last night's post was pissy

I guess I've never forgiven Liz...I still remember the date of the break was June 12, 2003. If you're curious, read her post and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from. Or if you're not interested, we can move on.

Today was much better, even though I spent a good bit of it touching up paint throughout a house. It'll be a busy weekend--tomorrow I work 10 hours plus another round of painting. Sunday's the game (and another funeral to attend for one character, the final leg of a voyage to Antarctica for another, and for one character who hasn't completed a mission yet, getting a chance for another after being in a coma). I've had three characters thwarted on their first missions. One was bitten by a venomous snake and spent the whole time hovering between life and death. One was on a plane that crashed thanks to Nyarlothotep and his wicked sense of humour. The last one went down a oil shaft and succumbed to poisonous gases, because no one made an idea roll that would have suggested respirators, and the players totally had gummy brains that day, too. Monday I'm off work to help out with something, and I'll have to get up very early (but not as early as the last time we did this, thankfully).

Tonight I started a new (temporary) blog for my class on Web 2.0 in libraries. You can find it at http://rabid-librarian2point0.blogspot.com. It's just for that, but if you're interested stop by. It is funny, though, because this blog was customised long before Google brought in all their widgets--or for that matter, before Google owned Blogger. So I've never gotten to play with those sorts of things. I put a newsfeed on the other page. That was fun. Oh, and I put a shared list from Google Reader on that page. Now I just have to comment on a question and send a link to my teachers and I'm done with the assignment. Yay!

No comments: