Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 10, 2008

I was listening to

'Never Too Late' by Three Days Grace, which has been in my head of late. (I can't embed the video.) The video is about a woman who was molested as a child and has to conquer her inner daemons to be free at last. They did a good job with it. My favourite part is the handprints all over the room, symbolising the molestation. It has been pretty controversial due to its theme.

That got me thinking of a video YKWIA showed me, an educational video on not talking to strangers. I'd say it's from the 1950s or early 1960s. This messed-up town is full of paedophiles, but the twins avoid them at every turn:



Unfortunately, it's not always strangers that pose a danger to children. I know that from my own experiences. I just hope someday I can conquer my daemons, too.

No comments: