Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I didn't blog last night because

I did errands after work and then went straight to my sleep study at St Joseph East. I had to be there by 8 pm although they didn't hook me up to all the electrodes until about 10, so I got to watch CSI and Forensic Files for awhile. (I don't have cable, so it was a special treat.) I was afraid I'd fall asleep before they hooked me up--I'd been sleepy when I got there and had not taken a nap; then of course I was already comfy in my sleepshirt and was a little cold so went ahead and got in the bed. But I managed to stick it out.

The worst thing about a sleep study is the goop they put in your hair to get the electrodes on your head. It took two shampooings this morning and I still had bits of it in my hair today.

The other thing is sleeping with all the wires. And I hadn't slept in a bed since I got my new masque (I was waiting for the humidifier that came the day before yesterday; I'd been sleeping in a recliner when my masque and hose were so leaky.) Since I sleep sort of half on my side and half on my stomach, this can be a problem. But I don't think it would have been without the wires limiting my movement a little. I lost one electrode at the beginning and they had to snap it back on my leg. I also apparently had my masque come off in the middle of the night. I woke to dim lights on and someone looming over me, adjusting my masque. She like to scared the bejeesus out of me. I woke up really stiff, but when I went home (at about 6 am) I went to the recliner for a couple of hours before work and that helped. Then, of course, I had a normal 10-hour shift to do plus two hours' worth of notes. Whew!

Tonight I've made up the bed and am going to go back to sleeping in it. I think Cerys is happy. She settled down as soon as I put the sheets on the bed. And since I have to be there to get ready for the game at 8 am tomorrow, I think I'll head there now. Goodnight.

PS June 15th was the sixteenth anniversary of the Biggest Mistake of my life. So glad I got away without too much baggage. But hey, the honeymoon was fun. Where else can you experience raging thunderstorms that nearly blow away your camp, strange men trying to read their watches with lightning buts whilst carrying a big sword waiting for a cab, nearly being squashed by a semi, incursions by the KKK, and a circle of your friends chanting 'Lisa's got to pee' in front of a Georgia State Trooper? Good times.

No comments: