Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 01, 2007

Today I got to sleep in

because I was off work at the hospital so I could go to the sleep centre over at Eagle Creek and make an 11:30 appointment, my best shot at getting one rather than waiting awhile. I need a new masque for my CPAP but especially a new hose, as my other snapped in two and is only being held together with packing tape at the moment. I met my new doctor, who seems quite competent and nice. He set me up with orders for the masque, hose, filters, and a humidifier that hooks up to the machine. I've been on the same machine for five years now; it's probably near the end of its life, but we'll wait to replace it until it starts to go. The only thing is since the masque needs to be fitted, it would be best to wait until my cold is over. I'm feeling much better today (I found some meds that worked), so I'm hoping Monday would be good. In the meantime, I'm sleeping in the recliner.

As to the afternoon sleepiness I'm having, he doesn't think it's related to blood sugar because it's happening every day. So we're going to do a sleep study on June 15th to see if my machine needs to be recalibrated to a higher pressure.

After my appointment I stopped at the gas station for my paycheque then deposited it and went to Subway for lunch. Then I went to Walgreens and found said cold medicine and cough drops, alcohol prep for all the lanceting I do to check my blood sugar, some cleaner and a cleaning wand, some menstrual pads, and a thank you card for someone who did something very nice for me.

Then it was back home where I cleaned my toilet and straighten up around the house (I need to scrub the tub, too, as I had some pomegranate seed scrub that really adhered, making it slippery--hence the scrubby cleaning wand).

I was relaxing after that when a neighbour, a police officer, knocked on my door. He thought he may have bumped the back of my car with his cruiser, but we checked and there wasn't any damage. It's possible he went into the curb instead. We talked for quite awhile and then I went in and took a brief nap and headed to the gas station for work, which turned out to be full of drama that I managed to stay out of by working for an hour-and-a-half in the cooler getting it ready for the truck. We were all assembled, eating pizza, when the truck was supposed to be there, and yet there was no truck. My boss said something about the fact that it was late for them not to show or call, and then it hit me. Monday was Memorial Day. I pointed this out and they all had a similar Eureka! moment. Whenever there's a holiday the truck comes a day later. So I went on home and will come back for a couple of hours tomorrow for the real truck night. But hey, I got a free meal, and about 3 hours of work that won't have to be done tomorrow in.

After resting for just a bit and relaxing quiet time to transition from the store, I went over to visit a friend. Then I worked on the game notes for awhile. Then I picked another friend up from work, made a Kroger run, did some paperwork, and now I'm here, eating a bit before bed and definitely feeling sleepy. On that note, I wish you a good night.

No comments: