Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 26, 2006

You know, it's one thing when you're being mocked

by a person. It's another thing entirely when the universe is mocking you. I finally have the money to fill up the car, and what do I wake up to this morning? A flat tyre. Ha very ha. Should I start looking for aliens with bad poetry? I walked over to the bank to get money for the bus and stopped in at my other job and my boss gave me a ride into work, so I got here earlier than I would have otherwise. Thank heaven for Good Samaritans.

My air compressor doesn't seem to be working anymore, so rather than do the tow to the tyre shop I'm going to stop by on my way home and get a new compressor--it's probably less money and can be used over and over. Goodness knows I've needed one consistently and shall probably need it more. Also fortunately, I don't have to be anywhere until somewhere around 2 in the morning (a friend is working late and I'm giving him a ride), so I can take my time and get this taken care of.

Agh.

No comments: