Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 23, 2006

I'm taking a quick break

from work, since I didn't take a lunch today. We've been pretty busy in the lab, and it's finally dying down.

I started out my morning to find that I had run out of gas, although at least the car was parked in my apartment parking lot rather than running out on the road. So I had to wait about an hour and come in on the bus. I had just enough money to take the bus here and back, but none for gas. A friend gave me $7 to help out, so this afternoon when I get off work I'll go home, get the gas can, walk to the nearest station, and then try to get some more gas. I'm not looking forward to it, as it's quite cold (it's snowing a county or two above us, at least in flurries) and windy.

So here's to a better day tomorrow, and thanks to D for helping out.

No comments: