Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I like Firefox

I especially like that this site looks fine in that browser, too, so I don't have to do much to make it compliant. Although the first time I looked at it, it took a moment to resolve the tables, now it just pops up like magic faster than Explorer. Yipee.

I just worked my first day back at my second job at the television station, got to meet my new boss, etc., etc. So far things look very good, and it looks like I can look forward to about 2 hours a day, starting with some research and compilation, which is right up a librarian's alley.

Today was payday, so I was able to pay people back who helped me out last month and I'll get some groceries in the house. I put in $20 worth of gas to bring it up to half a tank, but I couldn't bring myself to do more just now with the prices through the roof ($2.99 where I went, $3.09 at several stations in Lexington). Besides, all pumps were prepay because I suspect they were afraid that people would run off with the gas. Sad thing is, they're probably right, rather than just paranoid.

Time to go home now and do some work around the house. Or I may stop by the library first...I'm not sure. No, home it is. It's amazing having time to do whatever I want, but a little sad, too, because I really am used to having a lot to do and it's odd to have so fewer responsibilities and of course there's the whole being alone bit. But for this month, that's what I have. I hope I make the most of it. I suspect I'll learn to appreciate what I had much more. In the meantime, if you know of anything fun to do in Lexington that doesn't cost much or involve too much silliness (I'm not, for example, the clubbing type), let me know. I'm thinking book clubs or artsy stuff, something along that line.)

No comments: