Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I can't imagine what these people are going through

no matter how many news stories I read--and I grew up in Louisiana, so I'm at least familiar with the geography.

CNN.com - Conditions deteriorate in Katrina's wake - Aug 31, 2005

Want to help?

Katrina Help is a Wiki trying to coordinate some of the news, aid, and need in the area akin to the Tsunami Wiki it's modelled upon.

And of course, there's the American Red Cross, which could really use your donations right now...you can donate online or call 1.800.HELP.NOW.

I'm still trying to find out about my cousin Steve, who's an engineer in Mississippi, I think in Biloxi. Maybe he evacuated to his parents' in Georgia. I hope so. In the meantime, my prayers and thoughts are with everyone affected by this disaster.

No comments: