Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 12, 2005

Well, I have a blinding headache

that's gone into my sinuses and neck (the culprit is a toothache, but the pain is all through those areas--I really need to go to a dentist, which of course costs money), which seems a fitting end to a week where I learned that:
  1. I didn't get the jobshare, which went from them approaching me for the job to oh, we need to talk to some other people, to them hiring someone else entirely, based on some extra teaching experience rather than medical library experience
  2. I didn't get the Morehead job, but at least it came down to me and the other applicant, and they made it clear that it was a difficult choice and that I was welcome to apply for any positions that may come available
  3. I still don't know about my financial aid situation, but I know how I can access it
  4. I may have to pay an outstanding bill at UK in order to register at LCC, depending on just how separate the systems have become...and I don't have the money to pay that bill, so if so, no registration = no school = no financial aid = no paying that bill
  5. I'm still struggling to see if I'll be able to make my rent and electric payments without risking eviction
  6. I really need to talk all this over with my mom, to see if she might be able to help, but I don't really want to be a burden on her, either


It wasn't a terrible week, really, but still...it was a little disappointing. For now though I know what I need to do to make things better; I just have to get up the nerve to do it. That includes talking to my landlords and to my mom. On the bright side, I'm taking two exams next week to bypass/get credit for two prerequisites, and that is at least not going to cost me anything. I'll know Monday if there's a problem registering or not, and if not, I can register next week and then school starts the 21st. At least I don't have to worry about not being able to take classes because of commuting to and from a new job. There's got to be a bright side, right? :) At least for now I've managed to score come ibuprofen from a co-worker so I should be right as rain soon, and in the meantime I get off work early this week because I have my hours in. Yay!

    No comments: