Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 02, 2005

What I'll be doing for awhile

No, I don't run. But I'm overweight, have wider hips, am a little knock-kneed, and my feet tend to roll to the outside (pronate). This means my knee keeps feeling like it's popping out of joint/hurting. I was diagnosed a long time ago, but wasn't really given anything to do other than take pain relievers. Apparently straight leg lifts help, so I'll try that. So does flexing the quadriceps to strengthen them and stretching the hamstrings and Achilles tendons. Somewhere I have some orthotic soles that should help, too. Ah, what fun. I feel like I'm slowly breaking down, and have been since my mid-20s. Now I'm nearly 40. Let me guess...it just gets worse from here, right?

Dr. Pribut on Runner's Knee ( Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome )

No comments: