Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 09, 2005

A blast from the past

Jody, a friend from elementary school, found this blog whilst Googling her own name, like I hoped she would. I'm so happy to finally find someone from my childhood (being a military brat, you lose contact with people quickly). At some point we were living just an hour or two away from one another here in Kentucky, proving that it's a small world. Wish I'd known about that then. Anyway, here's something she sent me, along with my answers.


> 1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES?
Two sets, one eggplant, the other matte black.

> 2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie

> 3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Blue at work, grey at home

> 4. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Scrabble, Clue

> 5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
Archaeology (It used to be Victoria, but they stopped publishing)

> 6. LEAST FAVORITE SMELL?
Roofing tar

> 7. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
Usually a random song

> 8. LEAST FAVORITE COLOR?
Salmon (the crayon)

> 9. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
As long as it takes to fish out of my purse

> 10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME:
Amelia Niamh Ellyn and Trevyn Julian Adair

> 11. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE?
Trying to improve both myself as a person and, when I can, the world around me

> 12. FAVORITE SOUND?
A cat's purr

> 13. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
Chocolate

> 14. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
No--I have three live ones

> 15. STORMS, COOL OR SCARY?
I have a lifelong fear of thunderstorms that recently has abated to the point where I can enjoy them. Still, overall, scary.

> 16. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
'85 Chevy Chevette

> 17. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE WHO WOULD IT BE?
Socrates

> 18. WHAT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
4/2/1967

> 19. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Running a small bookstore/plant nursery-greenhouse combination
>
> 20. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Red
>
> 21. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE?
Yes; unfortunately it was unrequited.

> 22. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?
Half full

> 23. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIES?
Pleasantville, The Mummy (with Brendan Frazer/Rachel Weisz), and Spartacus

> 24. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
Um...yes. How would you type on the left keys? (Just kidding)

> 25. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
Yule ornaments/lights, a random sock or two, and dust bunnies

> 26. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?
13

> 27. WHAT IS YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST FEAR?
Making a fool out of myself in front of a large group of people

> 28. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS
> TO YOU!!!
Jody always seemed to have it together as a kid. I haven't seen her in years, but I hope she's doing well.

> 29. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND
Someone who sees this on my blog

> 30. MOST UNLIKELY TO RESPOND
Who knows?

> 31. FAVORITE CD:
I can't decide. Probably somewhere between my Simon & Garfunkel set, Loreena McKinnit's 'Book of Shadows', Les Miserables, or Matchbox Twenty's last album
>
> 32. FAVORITE TV SHOWS?
Charmed, CSI, Medium, Without a Trace

> 33. HAMBURGERS OR HOTDOG?
Tofu

> 34. FAVORITE SOFT DRINK?
Diet Pepsi

> 35. THE BEST PLACE YOU HAVE EVER BEEN?
The most eerie was the Mojave Desert, with its stark beauty and Joshua Trees. But I like Kentucky the best, because it's home, and my family's been here for generations. It has a lot of variety and some beautiful landscape.

> 36. WHAT SCREEN SAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW?
Marine Aquarium (at home)

> 37. FULL NAME?
Elisabeth Eilir Aranea Rowan, changed from Lisa Kay Broadbent in 1993 after a break with my father

> 38. CATS OR DOGS?
Both, although cats slightly more

> 39. WHITE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS OR MULTICOLOURED?
Blended, white on steady with coloured lights on a slow blink.

> 40. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Ice cream, Indian food, Thai food

No comments: