Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, December 22, 2003

Hee hee

Today when I went into KET I found several things, all of which have me in great holiday cheer...

  • A present from my boss with a picture of Sister Wendy and the note 'she knows when you've been good or bad'. Which is a little disturbing, given that she's a nun, but not nearly as disturbing as an old geezer in red and white fur and jack boots knowing your every transgression, I suppose. Inside was 'The Bad Girl's "Rage-a-Day" 2004 Daily Calendar, which allows you to 'rage against the good girl machine--every single day'. As a recovering 'Good Girl', this was greatly appreciated.
  • A personalised ornament from the new director of our division
  • A card and candy cane from our office manager
  • Fruit and nuts
  • Apparently the state pays us before Christmas even though we would normally be paid on the 30th, sooooo I get my paycheque on Wednesday, a week early, when I'm also getting paid at the hospital, a day early. Ah, synchronicity. Also, we get paid holidays for the 25th, 26th, 1st, and 2nd. I am beginning to love state holidays. There are so many.


Of course, I had to open up the calendar and find out what was on my birthday. It's 'Don't Go to Work Unless It's Fun Day'. Do you think, since a boss gave it to me, that I could make that one stick? Where else can you find creative things to do with pantiliners, many mixed drinks recipes, and a list of things to do with photos of your evil ex? :)

Another great thing...I've decided to take off from Christmas through New Year's, and that's okay with my boss at the hospital. That means...dum, dum, dum...eleven whole days off, including weekends. Yipee!!!

Oh, well, gotta go. My monitor is snoring. Well, actually, the stripey orange cat on top of the monitor is snoring. I've got a few things to do around the house before going on to bed. Ta.

No comments: