Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Someone gives you a gift card to Wal-Mart for the holidays with $25 on it

What do you get with it?

So far:

  • Underwear in...sigh...the next higher size, since I'm trying to live in reality and the last weren't big enough--Is it normal for your underwear and ring size to be the same????
  • Menstrual pads (which sounds much better than feminine napkins, which always makes me think of frilly dinner napkins in intricate origamied shapes)
  • A collar for a friend's puppy
  • A soda
  • Food for my dog
  • Ice cream
    and I still have some left over


I guess I could have gotten something wild and fun, but well, I'd rather have those things right now. Wild and fun can wait until after the holidays when I get paid again and everything goes on sale. Who am I kidding? I'm not wild and fun. ;) My idea of alternative purchases are: Scarf/gloves/hat, a charm for my charm bracelet, Spirograph™, a chenille sweater, maybe The Sims™ Makin' Magic. Not the most glitziest of items, but enough for me.

Besides, this has already been a great year in terms of gifts...a car, enough money to get caught up on bills, a pair of shoes for interviewing, a couple of nice outfits, Lyra's Oxford, Cobblestone Way and Edward Gorey calendars, and an expandable accordian-style genealogy of the Greek Gods. What more could a girl want? And it's not even actually Yule yet.

No comments: