Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Widdle Wabbits



A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks, in the
sweetest little lisp, "Do you keep widdle wabbits?"

The shopkeeper gets down on his knees, so that he's on her
level, and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabby or a thoft
and fuwwy bwack wabby, or maybe one like that cute widdle
bwown wabby over there?"

She puts her hands on her knees, leans forward, and says in
a quiet voice, "I don't fink my pet python weally gives a thit."

(Please don't flame me with "how could I post such a cruel thing" e-mails. Although I love snakes, I've never kept one precisely because I don't want to feed little mice or rabbits to them. I'm not sure I could even feed them crickets. It's a joke, you know, about how adults assume a lot of children--mainly because they don't remember being a child themselves.)

My birthday's off to a shaky start. I woke up fifteen minutes before I was supposed to be at work and got there only a couple of minutes late, but I had to work to do it. The newsletter that I specifically started because people wanted to have more info on the library was first changed to quarterly from the higher ups and now is to be "consolidated" into the main hospital newsletter. In effect, it's been canned. I wish they'd make up their minds. Grrrr....

Still, I got flowers and a couple of meal gift certificates from my co-workers, and hopefully the day will improve. :) The e-mail I received above, though, helped.

No comments: