Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 04, 2003

Happy Friday!



Well, I showed up to work an hour-and-a-half early for a meeting that isn't until the 18th, so I might as well do the traditional Five. Here goes:

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life? 22

2. Which was your favourite and why?
I don't really have a favourite. Our house in Kansas was the only one that was ours as a family, and I could walk anywhere in the town. Living with my grandparents in Danville had its drawbacks, but I moved into a basement "rec room" and was able to have virtually an apartment of my own minus bath and kitchen, which was great when you're sixteen. The apartment I'm in now is the first that 1) wasn't a complete hovel--rat infested or full of horsehair plaster that made me sick and 2) has two bedrooms, one for me and one for my library. Maintenance is great, the location is wonderful, and I can plant flowers around the patio. I guess where I am now is where I'm happiest since becoming an adult, anyway.

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why?
More exciting, really. Moving has always brought new possibilities, and when I was younger and we were often moving across country it was the closest I came to a vacation. Now that I have to organise the moves myself, I find that I go into supercharge mode and barely eat, etc. That's stress but it's also the most revved up I ever get.

4. What's more important, location or price?
Until I start making a better wage, price. But location is very important, especially when you don't have a car.

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)?
A yard that I can create a cottage garden. Actually a cottage style house or bungalow would be great. A bath is a must--I spent three years in an apartment with just a shower and consequently didn't have a good way to relax away my stress.

No comments: