Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 11, 2003

And there was much celebration...



Not that you need to know this in any way, shape, or form, but I started my period, which means that while my body is a little less comfortable my brain has slipped out of super-bitch mode. I can understand why early doctors thought a lack of sex or childbearing caused hysteria in women. I also understand why some societies have special huts for that "time of the month". And no, I don't think men made them go live in tents. I suspect women thought the men were clueless and just wanted a break. Whenever I hear anyone going on about ancient matriarchal societies that were all peace and light I think of a whole bunch of women all on the rag at the same time. Trust me, it's not pretty. Besides, isn't it better to rule the world from behind the scenes (who raises the kids, instills the ideas, etc.?) Sneakier, but better. Less likelihood of assassination, for one. Well, except from other women, anyway. Ever read about the lives of the sultanas? The harems were not all lying around perfuming your body. Those ladies were viscious.

No comments: