Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 06, 2002

It's F R I D A Y!!!!!!!



1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Why?

Oh, wow, I have so many. One of the biggest is people who say "lie-berry" instead of "libRary", since that obviously comes up a lot with me. It's pretty common in this area, anyway. Another is when people assume all Asians are Chinese. I mean, I can tell someone who is Japanese from someone who is Korean from someone who is Thai. Why can't they? It's like saying all black people look alike. This is also why I always have a little trouble when, say, someone who is Japanese is playing someone who is Chinese or Korean, or vice versa. 'Course, at least with that, I know there are limited roles in Hollywood, and at least it makes more sense than, say, all those white Indians in the '50s.

2. What irritating habits do you have?

I have a nervous laugh, I repeat stories over and over, I gesticulate with my hands (which annoys one friend and causes waiters to lose their spoons), I talk about morbid gloom and doom things that fascinate me but apparently not others, and I sometimes act like the world revolves around me. But I'm getting better. ;)

3. Have you tried to change the irritating habits or just let them be?

Oh, yes, my life is about self-improvement. I slip as much as everyone else. But I have eliminated some totally, I've minimised others, and a few may just take some more therapy.

4. What grosses you out more than anything else? Why?

Not much. I do have trouble hearing someone else throw up or if I smell cat hack-up, etc. It makes my own gag reflex try to kick in. But otherwise I can happily discuss strange disorders, cadaver atlases, alien goop, and diarrhea over food with no problem. I do have a problem with needles, but it's okay so long as I look away, but that's more of a scared thing than a gross out one.

5. What one thing can you never see yourself doing that other people do?

Dating. :) Well, that's close, anyway--I mean I haven't in years, and then I only did because I hadn't a clue that I was, like, dating. And look where that got me--married to a geeky weirdo who wanted to set up his own religion and screw thousands of men. So, I'm a little scarred, you might say.

No comments: