Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 12, 2023

So I've been through the first few chapters of the Beck book and three days of CBT exercises

And apparently, in March, since I started it, I have lost 7 lbs. Yay! I'm hoping it will help me get over the plateau I've been on for some time. My weight goes up and down by 10 lbs but doesn't go down past that. This is just under the 50 lbs I've lost since November 2021 (20 due to a diuretic, and 30 lbs with the help of diet and Ozempic). The book doesn't contain a diet plan--that's not what it's about--but rather you can choose any healthy, nutritious diet. She has you choose a primary and secondary so you have something to fall back on if the first doesn't work out for you. My primary diet is the DASH diet, and the secondary one is the Mediterranean one, as both are highly rated for efficacy, easy to understand, and close to how my roommate, the main cook in the house, prepares food.

Here's a better picture of the book, along with a link to Amazon. Again, if you have Kindle Unlimited, it is included in your subscription.

The Beck Diet Solution: How to Think Like a Thin Person



No comments: