Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 02, 2023

I am pleased to announce that I have a working window again

 I was given parking at work (we have five spaces that are given for important appointments or similar reasons when people need to be at the medical centre or leave or come back, and the extras are put into a lottery by last name alphabetically). My manager's husband came at lunchtime and basically took out the bad part and put the new switch in, without having to take off the inner door liner, and it took all of ten minutes.

All of ten minutes. I'd told it would be $50 for the labour. And $150 for the part, which I got off the AutoZone website for a whopping $45.

Thanks to all my co-workers (and their families) who helped me out. Specifically, thank you, Houston, Whitney, Sierra, Feliz, and Frazann. I can now lock my car properly, although there's some stickiness where the double-sided tape was...I may need to break out the rubbing alcohol.

No comments: