Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 24, 2017

I should not have made such a lengthy to-do list

I was at the furniture store Saturday morning and as I was wrapping up the daybed purchase, I got a call from a friend, and I knew immediately something was wrong. He'd been having some pain the day before, and we thought it might be gas. But it had gotten worse. So I hurried over and called our family doctor, who advised going to the emergency room. That was very good advice, as he wound up having emergency surgery. With the exception of stopping by my apartment for a few necessities and a couple of showers, I have been over at his house or running errands for him to make him more comfortable for most of the weekend. Since this is the friend with whom I'm moving in, I guess you could say we had a trial run for living together. I hadn't originally planned to stay last night, so I slept in my jeans and a shirt, just taking off my belt and bra. At one point I woke up and I was halfway off the bed, as the dog had kicked me over, and my jeans were twisted so that the fly was on my right hip. Needless to say, I pushed the dog back and made sure I kept my ground from then on.

I'd set my alarm for 5 am to give me plenty of time to go home, shower, and get ready, but woke up at 4:30 to help him. I went ahead and fed the animals, as he can't really bend at the moment, got my stuff together, went home, got ready, dropped off some books that needed to go back to the library, and went to work almost an hour early. So now I'm sitting in the break room having a little alone time and catching up with news, etc. It's going to be a very busy week--four days of over 100 patients in clinic, with Wednesday having over 200! After work today I'm going to go check on him.

Okay, it's almost time to go upstairs and start my day. Hope you had a good weekend!

No comments: