Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Eilir and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (with apologies to Judith Viorst)

I started my morning with my account overdrawn due to a cascade effect caused by the bank's algorithm, a very unsatisfactory call with the bank representative, who kept talking over me, and a determination to switch back to a credit union, which at the very least isn't interested in making money off my misery like some soulless machine. I went to my allergist appointment all upset, red-faced, and crying, still managed to do my pulmonary tests well (and my blood pressure was just 107 over 60-something, which was amazing, as I thought I'd die of apoplexy while on the phone), then went to work, where I continued to be upset and had a difficult time getting pretty much anything done properly. Then it was over to YKWIA's to take him to an appointment. He took pity on me, bought me a salmon salad at Captain D's (what can I say, he's Jewish, he feeds people to comfort them, and it is greatly appreciated), I took him to the library and grocery, and then we watched an episode of 'Shadowhunters'. Now I'm home. I feel like a wet rag someone's wrung out. I'm going to try to get up early in the morning and deal with life a little better, so I'm going on to bed. Good night.

No comments: