Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 23, 2017

And there was much rejoicing

Well, it took $601.43 total, but:
  1. I have working rear brakes that are safe and happy...
  2. My ball joints were fine (take that Tire Discounters, who tried to get me to pay for a replacement), but my ignition coil was causing all the engine misfiring, and that was fixed...
  3. I got an oil change, which was overdue, and they threw in a new stopper, replacing the old one, which was threaded...and
  4. My windshield wipers, which basically shredded, were replaced.
Tire Discounters quoted about $800 for the first two alone. Thanks Kenny and the folks at Mitch's Auto for the great service. I've gone there for years, and they're very straight-shooting and reasonable. And thank you to YKWIA and A, who helped out by paying half of the bill, since I give them rides quite often. And thank you to Jackie, from work, who came and got me and took me into work and then brought me back, so I didn't have to ride the bus and take time out from my workday. It drives like a new car. :)

After I got the car, I went over to YKWIA's, had dinner (it was very yummy) and took A to a meeting. Now I'm home, and I have my choice of:
  1. Laundry,
  2. Kitchen, or
  3. Book review, or
  4. Some sort of combination of the above.
I also told A I would do some checking on the computer for him. So there's definitely that. I also want to listen some more to my audiobook (I'm five chapters away from finishing). If I did laundry and went over to the facility here, I could listen and work on the computer, too, and even work on the book review, perhaps. On the other hand, the kitchen really needs help. So we'll see. Right now I'm going to change into comfy clothes and wind down a bit, without actually relaxing to the point of sleep. I'm thinking of putting on some peppy music. :)

No comments: