Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Whew!

Since I got off work, I have been running errands. I:
  1. Went to the bank.
  2. Paid my rent at the leasing office.
  3. Went to Home Depot and bought a toilet seat (long story that I won't get into. Suffice to say it is very difficult for a girl when a seat pops apart at the hinge while in use. You tend to slide into the bathtub, given my bathroom's arrangement.)
  4. Got a small housewarming gift I promised almost ten years ago when my friends moved into their house, and it's one that can save lives.
  5. Went to the grocery store and got very healthy food.
Now everything's put away and, most importantly, the new seat is on the commode. (I was going to stop at the apartment when I paid my rent to use the bathroom, and realised that there was no point until that new seat was in place. Guys, really, you have it lucky, with the whole stand-and-pee thing. So I'm sitting down to the computer with some of the Kroger Mediterranean bar items (Tuscany bean salad, mozzarella balls, and artichoke hearts). I'm also eating a bit of a multigrain baguette. Yummy!

I found out today that when I go to Chicago next month, I won't be staying near the University of Illinois-Chicago campus, as I have in the past, but in a hotel downtown, Club Quarters on Wacker at Michigan. Which means I'll be near lots of neat stuff to see in the heart of the city. I really don't see how I can afford to stay an extra day and go to the Field Museum, but I would love to. I'm going to work out the finances and see if there's any way. In the meantime, I've got a query into how expensive the hotel room would be for an extra night. That's the main expense--the flight and the one night at the hotel will be paid for by the regional office. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

No comments: