Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 16, 2015

So about 10:30 this morning

we were sitting just under seven inches of snow. I'm not sure how much is there now, but we were experiencing snowfalls at an inch or two per hour and expect to have snow into the night and into tomorrow. So we're looking at possibly a foot or so. I've been home all day; they're really encouraging people to not head out unless absolutely necessary. I've been communicating with a friend who rides the bus who is at work and should be getting on the bus this very moment, and he's promised to call me when he gets home. I'm glad we were off for Presidents' Day, but tomorrow may be a different story. Plus I really need to get some medicine tomorrow if at all possible. The thing is, it's twelve degrees (that's Fahrenheit) and it's going to plunge down further to about -8 for a low in a couple of mornings. I have about $5 in cash and my car is on empty in terms of gas until I can fill it Thursday after getting paid. So my plan is to get up early tomorrow, check the news and road conditions, then check and make sure the car starts, and if it does, clear it off and try to go into work if the main roads are clear enough, so I can go to the pharmacy. If the roads aren't passable, I'll take some change and take the bus, since there's a stop a little less than a quarter of a mile away from me, and hope to go to the pharmacy on Wednesday. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm listening to music, reading about bringing balance into your life through yoga and natural foods, and considering taking another nap. I really need to clean up around here, too, but I'm not sure about taking anything out to the Dumpster at this point, at least today.

No comments: