Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I think

I may have found a way to stay one more night in Chicago,  after all.  It does mean using my credit cards,  which I was trying to avoid. But since this will probably be my last year going,  I'd really like to sightsee.  My bosses have approved the trip,  and I'm just waiting to make sure my backups are in place before putting in my travel request with the committee I'm on, which is paying airfare there and back,  as well as one night at the hotel.  They'll also reimburse me for two days' worth of food and the transportation costs. 

The plan is to fly up the day before the seminar,  take the train to the hotel,  drop off my luggage at the hotel,  take the bus to the Field Museum,  spend time there,  then go wandering for a bit around before heading back to the hotel. I plan to get a three-day pass for mass transit,  so that will save money. Then the next day there's the morning before the seminar for sightseeing,  then the seminar.   We'll probably eat somewhere as a group that night,  then have the meeting the next day,  and head to the airport and fly home afterwards. I'll miss three days of work and one class,  but I think it'll be worth it.  Wish me luck!

No comments: