Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 17, 2009

Well, that was foreseen

Lexington library board fires chief executive Kathleen Imhoff

Unfortunately there will most likely be a lawsuit on top of the controversy. But I must say, I've taken notes about what to and not to do as a supervisor, how the balance between library board and directors are important, and being accountable for expenditures when the majority of your income is tax-based. And also, of course, that politics is never absent when it comes to publicly-funded libraries. Here's hoping they find a really good candidate who will help repair the damage, as I suspect the outcome of any suit would be either a settlement or the rest of the money in the contract, rather than her position back.

Thanks to Steven for the head's up, which is ironic, as it's my hometown paper [my only excuse is that I was out of the office today due to doctors' appointments, so I didn't see the paper itself]. :) Oh, and sorry, the Herald-Leader only keeps stories up for about 7 days, so go read it now.

No comments: