Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Hopefully that will help

My gas tank was nearly empty so I put some fuel injection cleaning solution into the tank and then filled up. It's supposed to take the whole tank of gas to clean the injectors, but already it seems to be helping, at least when the speedometer is on. When it's at zero, the car still jerks, but that's not a power issue, it's where the transmission doesn't know how to shift because it doesn't know how fast the car is going. It's a little disconcerting, though.

I went to the doctor today as part of a six-month follow-up. I gave urine and blood samples and told him about the cough from Hell that's been so bad a friend called the office and told them to fix me. I have a sinus infection and he's put me on Cipro, Tessalon Perles (the things that if you bite down on them they can numb your mouth and cause choking or a bad allergic reaction that makes breathing difficult, but they really help with coughing), nasal spray, and told me to continue using the codeine/phenergan syrup. To be honest I've done nothing good to help my diabetes or even tested myself daily, and I told him that, so he wants to see me back in a couple of months. I'm going to try to improve how I eat and get back to testing.

I was off work at the library because my appointments generally run three hours since he's the only doctor in the practice, but I did work at the store this evening. It was truck night but with my gimpy foot I mostly ran register and the other two people put away the order.

Okay, time to go to bed. Tomorrow I hope to get back into the swing of things with work; I was only there a couple of hours Monday and none today. I still need to finish a book review, too.

No comments: