Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I can't believe I just did this...

I didn't feel like writing tonight. This actually took more effort, and may scare you away, especially with that still (with the fish it gave me the option to choose the still; I didn't see it this time, and of course it would be THAT face!) but here's my first attempt at a video entry:



Let the mocking begin (as I'm sure it will)!

--------------------------------------
PS I hope the penicil drawing exercise of Leda and the Swan behind my head isn't some sort of YouTube violation. It never occurred to me when I shot this that it was there, in all its nude glory as Zeus in the form of a swan copulates with His latest desire. It could be worse, I suppose. I have a great deal of original artwork in my house (not my own) including a very large erect penis in a painting against my the living room wall that is nearly two-feet long (the penis, not the painting; the latter is about 5-6 feet square). I think my mother nearly swallowed her teeth when she saw it for the first time. My grandmother might actually have apoplexy if she saw it. I've had it so long, I don't think about it, and besides, it's important for the meaning of the work and very well done.

PPS I have a tiny little girl voice when I'm nervous (well, most of the time, but it's worse when I try public speaking or recording anything). I also apparently close my eyes, let my eyes wander, and look away an awful lot, as YKWIA pointed out in an analysis of the video. Must work on that. Thank the Gods I never actually made it to my orals in school. It was the main reason I dropped out before going for a phD. So for those who never understood my anxiety...here's why. Imagine trying to demonstrate knowledge with my swiss-cheese memory AND poor speaking skills. I shudder.

No comments: