Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I am such a cheap date

and yes, I mean that in a metaphorical way. Things that made me happy today:
  1. A co-worker who'd upgraded her cell phone brought me her old one, and now I have one that vibrates and you can compose ringtones. (Who needs all the bells and whistles? I'm happy with vibrating action). Plus, the new one has a better reception. The old fogie phone with the battery that kept slipping has been promised via FreeCycle.
  2. I took back a 'magic beans' item--the fountain with windchimes that was an impulse buy during the holidays. It only ran when a sound was loud enough to trigger it...like my toilet seat hitting the reservoir or a clap. Yes...a clap on, clap off 'tranquility fountain'. Anyway, it was a little disappointing, so I got enough back to put money on my phone, eat dinner, and have a few bucks left over.
  3. You know those nose thingies on eyeglasses? One of mine disappeared sometime before the end of November (as in, that's when I noticed). I finally got it taken care of today; they gave me a new pair and adjusted/cleaned the glasses for me, too, and it's almost like a new pair.


What can I say, it's the little things...

No comments: