Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I hate


  1. Hormones that make you cry at the drop of a hat.
  2. Rain that goes on for weeks on end.
  3. Ford gas tank sensor design...which sucks and causes the car to either not start or die when there is still quite a bit of gas inside--not fun when you have 5 cents to your name and are hoping to make it until payday.
  4. Feeling like a screw-up over things that are beyond my control (the ones within my control are okay to castigate myself over.



How's your day?

On the other hand...


  1. One day there will be menopause--a whole new set of hormonal issues, but at least maybe I won't be so chained to my cycle.
  2. It's been running unseasonably warm for the last week or more, in temperatures approaching 60 degrees--not bad for January; we're about 20-30 above the norm.
  3. I get paid tomorrow. And D was able to come get me. I was a bit late, which of course is a whole other issue, but that is something I really can't do anything about at the moment. And even though I'm broke, it's good to have friends who will leave work to come get me in the rain or buy sanitary napkins even though they look at them as if they are an arcane bomb that will explode in the grocery cart. I generally manage to do the same (okay, I don't get sanitary napkins for the guys, who squirm at those commercials on 'feminine hygeine', but I do other things for them.)
  4. I did get a response that the charity I work for will, indeed, help victims of the tsunami with long-term medical treatment within our scope of care if possible (although that would mean arranging transport to North America for treatment, which may be difficult to manage; I'm thinking that may mean cooperation with other agencies, probably way after the immediate crisis has passed).
  5. Someone I know who really needs a new job is in the last stages before the official offer, and it really sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck, E! I'm sure you'll do great.
  6. I'm really not a screw up, although I sometimes do screw up. And so does everyone else, so it just means I'm human. I shouldn't let my self-worth drain away as easily as it does.


Well, that's all for now. Thanks for 'listening'.

No comments: