Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 30, 2004

I almost forgot...resolutions!

Listening to: 'The Blues Come Over Me' by BB King; 'Solsbury Hill' by Peter Gabriel; 'You've Changed' by Ella Fitzgerald [I love LaunchCast]

  1. Laugh more.
  2. Love more.
  3. Live more.
  4. Brave more.
  5. Take care of my mind, body, and spirit.
  6. Be open to change.
  7. Take chances. Well, good chances anyway, like new opportunities, as oppose to playing in traffic.
  8. Practise being happy.
  9. Dance occasionally.
  10. Create.
  11. Live in the moment, but consider the future.
  12. Volunteer.


Gee, one for each month of the year.

Yes, they're deliberately vague. I'd only be setting myself up for failure if I do the standard 'lose X lbs' or 'go to the gym 3 times a week' or 'join the local Scrabble club'. This way I might do those things, but I won't beat myself up if I don't, but just keep plugging along and hopefully fulfill them overall. Wish me luck.

And whatever 2005 has in store, may you be well, too.

No comments: