Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

A post before surgery

Feeling: Trepidatious

Well, it's almost here. Tonight I'm finishing up some preparations, sending my dog off to a bit of a sleepover, washing dishes, making sure I get in one last bath and get into some comfy clothes that I can then just go over in to the hospital tomorrow at the ungodly time of 6:15. I know it's rather minor surgery, but it's my hand, and it's my first time to have anything worse than a bad scrape or maybe a broken tailbone...the first real wound, I suppose, much less the first surgery, so I'm nervous. But D will be there (and mayber her husband, E, too). I'm sure everything will be fine. I'll be a lefty for awhile. But it should really help with the pain and problems that have been building over the last 20 years. So wish me luck and cross your fingers for me (since I won't be able to). :) I'll hopefully be able to post by Monday or so. Take care.

No comments: