It's Friday Five time!
1. What's your favorite piece of clothing that you currently own? My purple duster (it's a sort of moleskin-synthetic material, kind of cape-like, very long, very me).
2. What piece of clothing do you most want to acquire? Just once I'd like to find a poet's shirt that looks good on me. The closest I have is a sort of filmy fabric in black. White ones make me look huge. If I could find a black one in cotton, that would be great!
3. What piece of clothing can you not bring yourself to get rid of? Why? Hmmm...actually, it's a doll's dress. My dog and my friend's dog once played tug-of-war with my Hollie Hobbie doll, Amy. Her prarie dress was the only thing to survive. It was one of the few toys I still had from when I was a kid. So now, her dress is on another doll instead. For a long time I kept the pieces of the doll, but realised that even if I could put them back together, she'd look like the Bride of Frankenstein, so I finally pitched her. At the time I cried. Now, I look back on the destruction of the doll more fondly, since one of the dogs was put to sleep this summer and I miss her. Crazy, hmmm?
4. What piece of clothing do you look your best in? Anything purple, particularly a deep purple. Blues are also good, and black. I have a simple black dress that gets good comments.
5. What has been your biggest fashion accident? Anything in the '80s. In some ways the '80s were worse than the '70s, because I was choosing my own clothes. Probably one of the worst was a bright fushia tunic with a tiger's face and black stripes on it. It took an artist to convince me that reds and pinks were not going to work with my skin.