Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, January 03, 2020

Tired of being sick

Tonight is dragging by so slowly. Can't sleep due to the coughing and sore throat. First I'm too cold then I'm throwing the covers off. I know it's just a bad cold but still... I'm thinking of just getting up but the CPAP actually helps with the congestion. And I'm foggy... I can't even read properly. But I don't think it's the flu because it came on so gradually - I've always had the flu hit me like a ton of bricks. This started slowly and built up, and I'd hoped it was sinus drainage from the weather change. But it's not a sinus infection that I could take antibiotics for, it's a virus and I'm definitely contagious, as I have brought plague into the house. My roommate, who is planning on joining a chorus in a couple of weeks, is not happy with me, and neither of us can be with another friend who is in a facility battling advanced cancer right now. I'm pretty sure that we're were going to be calling off the weekly Call of Cthulhu game, too. But for now the clock is ticking along slowly. It has taken me something like 25 minutes to write this, as I've had to go back on my phone a lot. I'm just tired in general and tired of this crud. :(

No comments: