Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, December 08, 2016

I guess I'm ready for this procedure

Brenda should be here in a few minutes. I've showered, packed a light bag with wallet, phone, CPAP masque, and eyeglasses case, dressed in the easiest clothes I can think of to get back on, and checked my blood sugar (151, which isn't bad for the morning). I'm hungry, achy, etc. (I haven't taken any pain reliever as a precaution because ibuprofen can cause bleeding). I got up at 2 am to put the pill up my vagina, so hopefully my cervix is softening as I write, although I had some difficulty (there's no applicator or anything, and it is, for all intents and purposes, just a tablet, not an actual cream or true vaginal suppository). I'm a little nervous, but not as bad as I was yesterday afternoon. It's a minor procedure (hysteroscopy, biopsy, and D&C), after all. And yes, things can happen. And the results could mean anything from no action, to an IUD with progesterone, to a full-blown hysterectomy, but that's a worry for another day.

So in the meantime, I'm sitting with the Yule tree lit up, the star lights going, and I'm just waiting to go.

I'll try to write later, hopefully when I'm not TOO loopy. :) Take care.

No comments: