Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 24, 2011

Okay, so the yesterday getting up at 5 am thing didn't work out

But I was up that early today, and I am doing laundry, enough to get me through Tuesday, although I plan to do more tomorrow.

I have taken to, as part of my morning routine, checking Amazon for their free Android application of the day, then going over to the Android market to see if its actually compatible with my device. Today's, for example, isn't--it's a ant colony simulation sort of game that looked interesting, but was pretty intense when it came to space taken up, and then it turns out it won't work on mine. Glad I checked ahead.

So today's the MRI. The plan is to go about 7:20, catch the bus, go out South Broadway and get there ridiculously early because of the way the bus on that road runs, stop by Rite-Aid, get some ibuprofen, something to drink, and maybe something like a protein bar for breakfast, and then walk down to the Lexington Diagnostic Center. My appointment's at 9:30. I figure it will be an hour, hour-and-a-half between preliminaries and the actual test, and then that will determine when I can catch a bus back. If it's going to be awhile (the South Broadway bus runs every 70 minutes), I'll grab lunch at Backyard Burger (they have a vegetarian burger they cook on a dedicated George Foreman grill), then head to work. But I figure about half of my workday will be shot. Good thing it's Friday, at least.

The increased ibuprofen has been helping my arm, with more numbness now than pain. I didn't walk yesterday because we had a tornado warning (got to spend time in the hallways, just like in elementary school). I think that is the first time in 14 years I've actually been at work when it wasn't a drill (they spent an hour-and-a-half a few weeks ago sheltering but I was home then, oblivious for all but the last 45 minutes or so that there was a warning).

Okay, it's time to check the clothes. Have a great day.

No comments: