Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You've got to love the names these things have...

I get an RSS feed of FDA recall announcements. Normally they're pretty sedate, either salmonella or undeclared allergens, etc.

Here's one from today, which, given it has an undeclared, unapproved drug subject to regulation in it, it's rather serious, but I couldn't help but laughing. Do guys really take this stuff?
Glow Industries, Inc., Perrysburg, OH, announced today that it is initiating a voluntary nationwide recall of the company's product sold under the name of Mr. Magic Male Enhancer from Don Wands. Glow Industries, Inc. is conducting this voluntary recall after being informed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that lab analysis has found the Mr. Magic Male Enhancer from Don Wands capsules to contain Hydroxythiohomosildenafil and Sulfoaildenafil, an analogue of Sildenafil, an FDA-approved drug used in the treatment of male Erectile Dysfunction (ED), making Mr. Magic Male Enhancer an unapproved new drug. These active ingredients are not listed on the product label. Product manufactured containing lot numbers 9041401, 251209 and 8121904 are included in this recall...

We sell a product at the store (not this one) and I guy once asked me if it worked. Do I look like I have dangly bits that need enhancing? Hello, I have boobies. How would I know?

No comments: