Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 30, 2010

I feel more awake than usual for a Monday

Mainly because I got so much rest on Saturday, and then when I came home from the game last night, I changed clothes, took my contacts out, set my alarm, and went straight to bed. As a result, I feel rather refreshed.

Today should be busy at work (most Mondays are). Then I have some more to do around the house, including laundry (yes, still working on it). I have some cardboard boxes that need to go out, too, that I've been hanging on to (one for good reason, as the thing it came in had a return for 14 days, and that just passed on Friday. But now there's no reason to keep them, and they're fairly awkward for packing, kind of flat and wide, although sturdy. Oh, well, someone can swipe them from the Rosie container if they really want to use them.

Okay, that's all for now. Time to go to work. Hope you had a good weekend, and have a good day. I can't believe it's already the end of August. It seems like just last week that I was complaining about sub-zero temperatures, and yesterday it was scorching ones. I think time speeds up the older you get. When I was a kid, summers were almost endless. Now they go in a blink of an eye. It really should be the other way around, because you appreciate time as you get older.

No comments: