Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I will resist, I will resist

Brandon told me earlier today that I need a dog or cat because I've just been blogging like mad lately; I obviously need something else in my life. Which I laughed at, but I have to admit--it's been three years, almost, since Cerys died. I miss having company at home, after years of pets. I've thought about getting a kitten from time to time. And so tonight, although I shouldn't have, I went to the Lexington Humane Society's website and found:


Bobble, a male grey kitten, 2 months old

You can also see him on Petfinder. The Humane Society is running a special on cat adoptions through the end of the summer.

I've told myself not to get a cat until I can drive myself to Dr Vice's at Gainesway Animal Clinic (an excellent vet office), since LexTran won't let pets other than service animals aboard (although I did once see a woman disembark with two cats in carriers; I've always had cats that howl on the way to the vet, so I don't think that will happen). I do have two vet clinics within walking distance (one without even having to cross a major road, that I've gone to once upon a time and they were fine). But still....

Oh.

No. Must. Resist. The. Cuteness.

No comments: