Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 11, 2005

A little Monday Madness

monday madness:

1. What book are you currently reading? (from dawn) Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell & Duston Thomason

2. Have you ever experienced the loss of a pet? How did you deal with it? Would you get a new pet, and why? (from peanutbutterfly) Yes, recently I lost a cat, and another had to be put down last year. It's hard to deal with, but it's a natural part of life. I've blogged about each experience. That's helped. Also support from friends who understand can make a real difference.

3. Is anyone in your family in the armed services? (from teresa)
Not currently. My father and stepfather were both career Air Force (my father served in Vietnam, Thailand, and Cambodia during the war), and I grew up on bases, moving every 2 years or so. My uncle was in the National Guard during Desert Storm. My cousin got out of the army awhile back, for which we were thankful given the current situation in Iraq and Afghanistan. Three grandparents were in World War II--my mother's father was a Marine at Iwo Jima, my father's mother was an Army nurse in Europe who lost a kidney during the war, and my father's father was in the Pacific in the Army. I have ancestors who were in World War I, the Civil War (both sides), Spanish-American, and Revolutionary, so we're pretty well represented. The only one I don't know if anyone was in was Korea. It's because people like these men and women that I can afford to be such a pacifist, and I never forget their service.


4. If you have or have had a girlfriend/boyfriend, did you tell your parents about her/him without them prying for the information? (from shady88) Yes.

5. What was your favorite childhood pet and tell me a few things about it. (from beth) I had a rabbit named Freckles who I loved dearly. Then there were the cats, Tiger and Samson. Tiger was the big bad 'puddy cat' but terrified of mice. Samson was terrified of everything else but was a terrific mouser.

6. Have you ever been in love? (from seren) Yes, but it was unrequited.

7. What's your favorite activity? (from robyn) Reading...it takes you to whole other worlds of imagination with a richness and interaction you could never find on screen.

1 comment:

stev4n said...

I am a seo consultant and l run my own seo company l really liked this article.