Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Morning silliness

This morning I went to make toast in the cafeteria and got impatient and popped the lever up. PHWANG!!! went the toast up and over the counter and onto the floor behind it. The cashier and I laughed so hard, which was great considering I spent a long, dark night at home as the reimbursement cheque had not arrived, but Kentucky Utilities had indeed finally turned off my electricity. Since all I have to eat at home are some potatoes, I had a raw potato supplemented by Smarties candy about every two hours or so. I've discovered that a little bit of candy spaced out can actually keep my blood sugar going pretty well. Ah, the trevails of a poor librarian!

On a brighter note, I just applied for a part-time job at a local college library. It doesn't require an MLS, so it's pay probably sucks, but it's probably better than flipping burgers and it's a 4-8pm thing so it would work well with my present schedule, and I could even take a class at the same time.

Also, someone sent me this:

Apparently if you put in Logolepsy conflagration into Google, you get a googlewack, where two words produce one site, and it's this one. :) Thanks, Barry.

Oh, and just so you know, I tried posting serious things yesterday, one on the Schiavo case and one on the shootings in Minnesota, and apparently Blog This! sent them into some sort of aether never to return. Grrrr.... I don't know if it's worth it to try to 'recreate' those posts or not. Oh, and there was a third one, a library news related one...maybe I'll go seek that one out, anyway. Ta.

No comments: