Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Is anyone else having trouble with Blogger?

It seems when I go to blog the page never really loads...the only way I can really get things to work is to quick edit another entry then jump to 'create'. Sometimes it's having issues publishing a post, but it'll show up if I republish the index page. Weird.

Anyway, check out this nifty site: http://afe.easia.columbia.edu/ (Asia for Educators). It's very detailed, and I came across it during my attempts to come up with a nicely well-rounded humanities timeline.

Earlier today I felt a little depressed (okay, I listened to Ani DiFranco, which brought up some unpleasant feelings, then segued into Sarah McLachlan, which left me with a case of the blahs. I'm too sensitive moodwise to music, I think). But I feel better after a session with my psychiatrist and talking to my landlord, who will accept payment when I get paid on Thursday, thankfully, as the original pay-by time was 9am tomorrow. I'm still not sure about my electricity, but at least I'll have a place to live. :) It's a good thing next payday should start my raise. Ah, the Ides of March, you've got to love them.

I also took several library books back to the library, so I'm not at the max in terms of checkouts. Tonight, after doing some more timeline work, I'll try to read some of what I have left.

I have an interview on Thursday for a part-time database job. Wish me luck. In addition, I'm in the running for a web designer this fall at the campus newspaper, the Kentucky Kernel. Plus I have two more library positions to finish applications for me. Here's to someone (anyone?) hiring me. :)

Write to you later. 'Night.

UPDATE: Blogger is having issues that include major slowdowns when editing postings. This is discussed in its Known Issues page. (Yeah, in doubt, read the manual). As a result, it's been extremely difficult for me to post except by quick edit over the last few days. There have been times I've tried to blog, but it's been no use. It may especially be an issue from my main access point; here at the library it was slow but never actually timed out, whereas during the week I get a timeout error from the server. Anyway, sorry if I don't get a lot posted, but I will keep trying, and hopefully the folks at Blogger will get it fixed. Apparently another known issue is that they've turned off the counter for number of posts/words in the blog, which would explain why mine hasn't been going up. I've found I have more trouble on this blog (I have three, two tiny writing ones and this behemoth, which given that I've been doing this almost four years is pretty large and I think that's a factor in why I'm having so much trouble on this one.)

Interested in the other two? There's Amaren, a story I've been 'writing' in my head for twenty years and I'm finally typing out, and Ycleptic, Being So Named (that's what the word means), a collection of other random writings. I don't necessarily update them regularly, just when the writing bug happens. Let me know what you think of them. Thanks.

No comments: